Outreach and Knowledge Transfer Activities
- Creativity in the Bronze Age: A Response. Exhibition at Wiltshire Museum, Devizes, 6 July – 6 October 2013
- School-Project with the HS Seewalchen in co-operation with the Kuratorium Pfahlbauten: workshop with prehistoric and historic costumes for photos for the project Zeitleistenweg. Karina Grömer and Helga Rösel-Mautendorfer 11 June 2013. Coverage on the HS Seewalchen website, with feedback from participants and a slideshow of the activity.
- Prehistoric Fashion Show, HERA Festival of the Humanities, Kings Place, London. 1 June 2013. Coordinated by Karina Grömer, Helga Rösel-Mautendorfer and Jo Sofaer. Media coverage: The Guardian. Watch the HERA video.
- Prehistoric Fashion show featuring Stone Age, Bronze Age and Celtic Costumes, Open Air Museum Asparn an der Zaya, Austria, 25 & 26 May 2013. Coordinated by Karina Grömer, Helga Rösel-Mautendorfer.
- Creativity in the Bronze Age: A Response. Exhibition at Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Cambridge. 10 April – 30 June 2013
- Exhibition opening event for Creativity in the Bronze Age: A Response. Work by Mary Butcher, Susan Kinley, Helen Marton, Syann van Niftrik, Julian Stair, Sheila Teague and Gary Wright. Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, Cambridge. 150+ people attended. 9 April 2013
- Rösel-Mautendorfer, H. Lisa und Toni auf Spurensuche, Kleidung in der Urgeschichte. Museum Activity Booklet. Used in workshops with HS Seewalchen in co-operation with the Kuratorium Pfahlbauten.
- Kern, A. and Grömer, K. Various guided tours showing Bronze Age finds from Austria and textiles to school groups, academic groups and other museum visitors. Naturhistorisches Museum, Vienna, March – April 2013
- CinBA Live Project ceramics exhibited in Santorini Biennale of Arts
- A. Kern and K. Grömer: presentation of hallstatt period life – food and drink (Ritschert and wine). Lange Nacht der Museen/Austrian Museums Night Natural History Museum; c. 12000 visitors. 6 October 2012
- Workshop in the Papyrus Museum Vienna, 12-13 October 2012. Lise Bender Jørgensen, Karina Grömer and Helga Rösel-Mautendorfer.
- Workshop at the University of Vienna, Institute for Pre- and Protohistory: Techniques of spinning in archaeological context”: Helga Rösel-Mautendorfer, Karina Grömer, Lise Bender Jørgensen. 16 October 2012
- Historical fashion show ‘Laufsteg in die Vergangenheit’, Museumsquartier Summer of Fashion. Coordinated by Karina Grömer and Helga Rösel-Mautendorfer. 110 models, costumes covering a time-span between Stone Age and Baroque. Length of presentation: 1 h. 4 August 2012.
- Guided tours by Anton Kern and Karina Grömer: Exhibition: Hallstattfarben (for school groups, visitors of the museum etc.), 2012
- Maker Engagement Project Introduction Day, Crafts Council, London, 2 May 2012. Presentations from J. Sofaer and Rosy Greenlees. Workshops to discuss contemporary work and archaeological objects and themes coordinated by R. Brockhurst, J. Sofaer, S. Coxon, and D. Maricevic.
- Dyeing workshop and guided tour through the exhibition Hallstattfarben with children from the Hort Franzosenweg, Wien 10 in Cooperation with Regina Hofmann-de Keijzer, University of Applied Arts Vienna, Department of Archaeometry. 20 April 2012
- “Kidswalk” – Guided tour through the exhibition Hallstattfarben and a workshop “Prehistoric and Historic Clothes” with a Fashion Show with children at the Natural History Museum Vienna. Coordinated by Helga Rösel-Mautendorfer and Karina Grömer. 14-15 April 2012
- “Zeitreise” (“Journey through time”): Workshop “Prehistoric and Historic Clothes” with a Fashion Show in the Volksschule (primary school) Anton Brucknergasse/Klosterneuburg, class 4b, by Helga Rösel-Mautendorfer. 30 May 2012
- Tablet Weaving Workshop, Naturhistorisches Museum, Vienna. 23 June 2012. Karina Grömer.
- Course for experimental archaeology from the University of Vienna “Spinning and Weaving”. Involving students from Universities of Vienna, Erlangen, Tübingen, Bratislava und Brünn. Karina Grömer. 29 June – 1 July 2012
- Presentation of textile techniques on the Bernsteinstrassenfest in Stillfried. Karina Grömer and Helga Rösel-Mautendorfer. 18 August 2012
- Lange Nacht der Forschung, Vienna. Workshop and Presentation ‘Textile research’ 27 April 2012.
- Anton Kern and Karina Grömer. Presentation of prehistoric food, wine made according to ancient recipes and Ritschert (reconstructed stew from Hallstatt salt mines). Lange Nacht der Museen/Austrian Museums Night, NHM, 1 October 2011.
- Karina Grömer, ‘…nur alte Fetzen? Archäologische Textilien unterm Mikroskop‘, Austrian Museums Night, 1 October 2011.
- Prehistoric fashion show at St. Pölten, Austria September 23, 2011
- Fashion show in Celtic Festival at Mitterkirchen, Austria. September 3-4, 2011. Watch the video of the show.
- FITing Cloths: Historische Kleidung workshop. 23 September 2011.
- Workshop for schoolchildren: Ferienspiel-Kinderuni (children’s summer school): Was ziehe ich heute an?: Prehistoric and historic fashion in the Kleinraming library. 16 July 2011.
- Zeitreise’ (‘Journey through time’) of class 4b (24 pupils, 9-10 years old): Workshop ‘Prehistoric and Historic Clothes’ with fashion show at Volksschule (primary school) Anton Brucknergasse/Klosterneuburg. 28 June 2011. Read about the workshop and view photos.
- Workshop ‘Preparing Wool and Spinning’ with grade 2 class at Volksschule (primary school) Altlengbach (22 pupils, 7-8 years old). 27 June 2011.
- ‘Frischer Wind im alten Haus’: Workshop for Designing the Interior of a Middle Bronze Age House including a Textile Craft Working Place at Asparn, Austria. 23 June 2011.
- Technology and Creativity Experimental Workshop. Led by Sarah Coxon. 18 February 2011, Southampton.
- Joanna Sofaer. Talk to staff and students at Bitterne Park School on Bronze Age craft and motifs. 1 February 2011.
- Rösel-Mautendorfer, H. Dying workshop based on Bronze Age and Hallstatt Period dying methods using natural colours like madder and birch leaves with children at the Altlengbach School, Lower Austria. 16th November 2010.
- Grömer, K. and Rösel-Mautendorfer, H. Wool preparation workshop in cooperation with the HALLTEX FWF Project, Naturhistorisches Museum Vienna, 2-6 August 2010.
- Animated Bronze Age motifs made by school children from Bitterne Park School, Southampton.
- Chinese Whispers
- Motifs Tracking
- Maker Engagement Project
- Live Project
- Students’ blog